Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission when you make purchases through them.
The major claim about Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick is that you don’t have to compromise because this lipstick is supposed to do it all. It is said to pack a punch of color and last while being moisturizing and comfortable to wear. There are 12 shades in the line, each containing 011 oz. / 3.4 g and retailing for around $7. They are available at Ulta, Walmart, Target, CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens.
For the most part, the four colors I chose were pretty similar in their performance. They weren’t too dry or too slick and applied with relative ease, except for the rounded bullet which I find personally to be more difficult to work with around the cupid’s bow. The color applied fairly evenly, with semi-opaque coverage and a semi-glossy finish that dried down to more of a matte finish as the hours passed. I found the light shades, Naughty Nude and Peachy Beachy, didn’t seem to last as long, fading by about the 3 hour mark. Best of the Best and Under My Spell lasted closer to 5 hours.
They have a bright fruity floral fragrance that is very noticeable when you take the cap off and I can smell it for a good while after I apply it. Most days I don’t mind it but if I have a headache, I steer clear of these.
Dupes and Comparisons
Naughty Nude is similar to:
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in Nude Flush
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops
- NYX Matte Lipsticks in Natural
- NYX Round Lipstick in Thalia
- Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien
Peachy-Beachy is similar to:
- Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Sweet Nectar
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Fireball
- NYX Round Lipstick in Femme
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Peachy Scene
- Maybelline Color Whisper in Pinup Peach
Under My Spell is similar to:
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Licorice
- Maybelline Color Elixir in Raspberry Rhapsody
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Violet Intrigue
- Revlon Lacquer Balm in Whimsical
- Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color in Violet Addict
Best of the Best is similar to:
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Big Cherry
- NYX Round Lipstick in Chaos
- Revlon Lacquer Balm in Provocateur
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in On Fire Red
- Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color Red Extreme
- Flower Kiss Stick in Rose Bud
These are worth checking out if you enjoy rich color but you don’t like how dry that type of lipstick can sometimes be. Because the texture of these is somewhere between matte and glossy, you get the benefits of a longer lasting product without the tight, dry feeling of a matte lipstick. These are comfortable to wear. If you don’t like fragrance in your makeup, I would avoid these because the scent is strong enough to be bothersome. Also, if you don’t have the patience to get a nice crisp line or dislike rounded-edge lipsticks, these might be a pass.
- Not drying
- Rich, even color payoff
- Decently long lasting
- You can get away with some light snacking without it wearing off too much
- Nice color selection
- Moderately heavy scent
- Rounded bullet makes it difficult to apply around cupids bow
1 thought on “Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick Review (Peachy Beachy, Naughty Nude, Best Of The Best, Under My Spell)”
Thank you for the amazing swatches! Peachy Beachy looks lovely on you but I think I’ll try out Naughty Nude first. Under My Spell looks just like Revlon Balm Stain in Crush looks on me so I don’t need to duplicate that color.