Today I felt like mixing and matching palettes to get out of that constrained feeling I can sometimes get when working out of a single palette. I ended up with this light purple eyeshadow look and I really like how it came out. It doesn’t come across well in the photo but the shimmer on the lid actually has a golden reflect that’s much more noticeable in real life.
Products and Shades Used:
- Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
- Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation in N1 (read review)
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
- Maybelline Tattoo Studio Brow Tint Pen in Deep Brown
- Huda Beauty Matte Melted Shadow in Faux Fur – Used this as my eyeshadow base
- ColourPop All Things Equinox Palette
- Moonrise – All over lid, blended into the crease
- ColourPop Making Mauves Palette (read review)
- Marquee – Outer corner, a little bit on lower lashline
- Ofra Galaxy Palette (see swatches)
- Milky Way – Inner corner highlight
- Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara – Used the “Curl & Length” side
I pressed ColourPop Moonrise onto my lid with my finger to get more payoff from it. It blended out really well though and I think it would be good shade to use for a “one shadow look”. ColourPop Marquee works well used the way I used it today – to deepen up the outer corner – but it’s a dustier formula and can begin to look patchy if it’s used on it’s own. Ofra’s Milky Way eyeshadow works well on me as an inner corner highlight because it has a very neutral white base to it. There’s no weird grayish undertone when you look at it under different angles of light.