Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission when you make purchases through them.
The main focus of this look is Devinah Cosmetics Starfire Pressed Pigment, which is part of the Galaxy Dust Shifters Collection, but I also mixed a whole bunch of different products together. For the sake of reviewing products, I generally try to wear fewer shades so I can get a better feel for each one individually. But, man, can that quickly turn soul-sucking. I feel like I’m in this constant tug of war to balance my desire to just be creative with being more analytical about product performance. The more I use makeup as a form of creativity, the less I feel like I actually pay attention to how the makeup is working. At the same time, I learn a lot when wearing makeup in a way that is “less fun, more work.”
Also, for some reason I’m doing a ton of purple looks lately. Not intentionally LOL.
Products and Shades Used:
- Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Light
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Light 2.5 Creme Brulee
- Physicians Formula The Healthy Powder – I used this to add coverage to my inner corner where concealer usually doesn’t completely cover the dark circles. I like to do this when I’m going to use an inner corner highlight. This product has been on sale for quite a while now. I fear they are phasing it out which is sad because this is truly a beautiful formula.
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
- Urban Decay Naked Ultraviolet Palette – I used the shade Optimized on the inner part of my crease and inner portion of the lid. It was incredibly light/sheer and barely noticeable.
- Ofra Galaxy Palette – I used the shades Stellar and Eclipse to create the gradient in my crease. Stellar is used by itself on my lower lashline.
- Nabla Wild Berry Palette – To add depth to my outer corner I used the shade Blackberry.
- Too Faced Glitter Glue – I patted this all over my lid to prep for the next shade. It lifted the previous shadows just a bit so I ended up having to touch up the crease area afterwards.
- Devinah Cosmetics Starfire Pressed Pigment (part of the Galaxy Dust Shifters Collection) – I pressed this all over my lid with my finger. It has quite a bit of fallout which I edited out of the photo because it was distracting. In hindsight, I should have done my under eye concealer and lower lashline work after doing my upper lid. The shine these Galaxy Dust Shifters give to the lid is insane! Much more shiny than your typical shimmery eyeshadow.
- Devinah Cosmetics Kazookles Pressed Pigment (part of the Xploders Collection) – I used a dampened pencil brush to apply this to the inner corner. The Xploders shades do have a bit of a greyish cast to them when the light hits at certain angles. I wouldn’t use these with a much lighter look but since this look is darker overall the greyish cast isn’t nearly as noticeable. The Xploders pressed pigments are very shiny as well.
- Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Liner in Black
- ColourPop Creme Gel Liner in Cry Baby – I have this in my lower waterline. This shade is not showing up on their website. Any light lavender eyeliner can be used in it’s place.
- NYX Vivid Brights Liquid Liner in Vivid Blossom – I just added a little accent along the outer edge of my black liquid liner.
- Fenty Beauty Full Frontal Mascara – Upper and lower lashes
- Viseart Brow Palette – I used the two lightest powder shades in the bottom row.
- Mac Shape and Shade Brow Tint in Taupe – Just the liquid side to extend the tail of my brow and fill in a few spots in the front of my brow.