Here’s a simple light and bright look you can get out of the Huda Beauty Rose Quartz Palette. It’s mainly a sheer frosty shade all over the lid with some slight definition in the crease and a soft winged liner.
I primed my lids with a tinted eyeshadow base (you could also use concealer) because I personally just like it better to have as even a “canvas” as possible when using a sheer shade over top. Then I used my finger to apply Self Love from my lashes to my brow bone and used a small shader brush to make sure I didn’t miss any spots near the lashes and brows. As a side note, I have noticed the shimmers in this palette tend to have more fallout when I apply them with my fingers than with brushes. This isn’t always true with every shimmer formula.
I added some soft purply depth in the outer crease and along the lower lashline with Serenity and added a bit more shimmer from Self Love over it on the lower lashline. The metallic pop on the inner corner is Energized.
As an experiment, I used Mantra as a brow powder as well as the winged liner. I typically use a black or dark grey brow powder so I thought this might work and it did. The shadow is a little softer and more dusty than what I’m used to in a brow powder. I had to be careful not to go in too heavy handed to avoid ending up with darker brows than I wanted. But the color works. It has a very subtle purple undertone but, at least on me, it doesn’t really come across in the brows. It just looks neutral.
The main purpose of this was just to do another wear test. After 6 hours I noticed some very slight creasing which got only a little bit worse by the 8.5 hour mark. For using a “cream” shade all over the lid, it lasted much longer than I expected.
- Nars Pro Prime Tinted Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- Huda Beauty Rose Quartz Palette
- Self Love – ALL over the lid. All the way up to the brow bone. Applied with finger.
- Serenity – Lightly applied in outer crease and mixed with Self Love on outer lower lashline.
- Energized – Inner corner. Applied with eyeliner brush.
- Mantra – Applied as eyeliner and used to fill in brows.
- Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencil in 500 Boundless Bisque
- Essence Micro Precise Brow Pencil (deepest shade)
- Essence Make Me Brow in 04 Ashy Brows
- Covergirl Lash Exact Mascara
- NYX Angel Veil Primer (right side of face)
- Essence Pretty Natural Hydrating Foundation in 30 Neutral Ivory
- Benefit Erase Paste
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1 (lighter shade)
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
- Physicians Formula The Healthy Powder in LC1
- Essence Conoutring Duo (deeper shade)
- Flower Beauty Flower Pots Blush in Sweet Pea
- Revlon Kiss Plumping Lip Creme in Spiced Berry