Here’s a smokey purple eyeshadow look created with Maybelline’s Take It Off Plush Silk Eyeshadow. The second shade in the from the left of this quad looks very eye-catching in the pan but didn’t seem as vibrant on the eye so I added some more color with a Revlon Photoready Kajal on my lower waterline.
Products used and how I created this look:
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
- Maybelline Take It Off Plush Silk Eyeshadow
- Leftmost shade – Using an angled shader brush I applied this under the brow bone and to the inner corner to highlight.
- Second shade from the left – Using a flat shader brush I applied this to most of the upper lid (except for the very inner part) and pulled it fairly high up into the crease to make the look good and smokey. I spent a good few minutes blending this shade out in the crease to make sure no harsh lines were left. To increase the intensity, I went back and added another layer of it to the lid only with my flat shader brush.
- Third shade from left – Using a smudger brush, to the bottom lash line and connected it at the outer corner with the shade above.
- Rightmost shade – To deepen the crease, I used a pencil brush to apply this to the outer corner and blended it out into the crease with a fluffy blending brush. To increase the intensity I also applied a second layer of this and blended again.
- Revlon Photoready Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener in Purple Reign – I applied only the dark blue side of this eyeliner to my lower waterline for a pop of color.
- Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Liner in Black – I applied a medium-thick line all the way across the top lid and winged it out a little. To fill in gaps in my lash line, I used the tip of the liner to dot in between the lashes.
- Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara (upper lash side only) – I applied 2 coats of this to my upper lashes. It was a little clumpy so I had to go in with a lash comb to clean it up.
- Covergirl Lashblast Length Mascara in Very Black – I applied 1 coat to my lower lashes.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium – Using my ring finger I patted a small amount of this concealer over my dark circles to help brighten up my eyes.
- It Cosmetics YBBB Your Brows But Better – I applied this lightly to the inner part of my brows to help fill in any gaps and applied it more heavily to the arches and ends of my brows. Using the spoolie end of this product, I combed through my brows to soften any harsh lines.