Winky Lux Detail Oriented Mascara is a lengthening and defining mascara with a skinny precision wand for reaching every last lash. At the moment, it seems to be available only in black and I don’t see a waterproof version. It goes for $19 and is available to purchase from Ulta, Target, and Winky Lux.
What stands out:
- Works best for me on the lower lashes. The formula of this is thinner and somewhat more fluid but it packs a good amount of deep black pigmentation. It’s not very wet though and it doesn’t take forever to dry down.
- For upper lashes, it will lengthen and darken but it does not volumize much, if at all. It also slightly uncurls my lashes. It doesn’t totally straighten them out and it doesn’t continue to get worse throughout the day – this only happens upon application.
- Easy to avoid smudging mascara on skin around the eyes.
- Wand holds the right amount of product without having to clean excess off.
- The wand is a bit long in my opinion and that can sometimes make it awkward to reach the outer half of my lower lashes. It’s like I have to hold it at a weird angle to reach those lashes. I can do it but it’s not as easy as with other wands. Inner lashes are a dream to reach though.
- Hardly any flaking/smudging throughout the day.
- Reasonably consistent performance over time (4 months so far). I’m only now beginning to see very tiny clumps if I layer the products 2-3 times. It’s not bothersome or noticeable enough to need replacing yet.
Was it worth the purchase?
Yes. Despite the few things I nitpicked about above, I still love this product and reach for it almost every time I do my makeup. I don’t have another mascara that works as well on the lower lashes.