Here’s a grey smoky look using the NYX Ultimate Utopia Palette. I don’t do a whole lot of these just because I tend to gravitate more to color. Also, grey eyeshadows tend to be harder to work with no matter what brand I try.
NYX Ultimate Utopia Palette Shades Used:
- Shade 4 – Brow bone, inner corner (This shade is a little dark for my skin tone to use for this purpose)
- Shade 15 – Transition
- Shade 30 – Crease
- Shade 29 – Deepen outer corner
- Shade 31 – Center of lid (lots of shimmer fallout)
- Shade 6 – Inner lid (some shimmer fallout)
I decided to use Shade 30 again after having some difficulty using it in a previous look. It was still not easy to work with today but didn’t seem quite as challenging as it did last time. This time, to help blend, I would tap my brush both into this shade and into Shade 15 to mix the two before applying to the lid. That method helped a lot. Shade 6 was just a wash of sparkle in a clear base. I like the tone of Shade 15. It’s like a bluish dolphin grey.
- Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Light
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Foundation Primer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup in 1N1 Ivory Nude
- Too Faced Born This Way Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer in Snow
- Physicians Formula The Healthy Powder in LC1
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder