- Pink Lemonade – sheer pale pink
- Juicy Papaya – sheer peach
- Sorbet – sheer bright pink
- Wild Watermelon – sheer pinkish red
Packaging: These are standard twist up lipstick tubes with color coded plastic lids. The lid stays on securely and the lipstick twists up smoothly.
Smell: Very light sweet vanilla fragrance.
Application: Apply these straight from the tube to the lips. The brighter colors can be built up for better color payoff. For the darker or brighter shades you can use a brush to get crisp lines if you prefer or use your finger to apply for a softer look.
Pigmentation: These will give a sheer wash of color. The brighter colors will give more of a pop and appear more pigmented while the lighter colors will be more subdued.
Texture: These have a balmy and moisturizing feel and glide on comfortably. When I say they are moisturizing, they are not as moisturizing a true lip balm but they are pretty good at keeping your lips from drying out. I have noticed that the brighter or darker shades tend to be a tiny bit more dry than the lighter colors but they still have a great texture.
Longevity: Over a period of 3 hours the color fades gradually into a stain-like appearance but still feels balmy and moisturizing on the lips. At this point I would probably reapply the lip butter.
- Balmy and moisturizing
- Nice “in between” option for those that like the ease of wearing lipglosses but want something with more of a lipstick-type finish
- Super easy way to incorporate some more color into your makeup routine, especially if you tend to stick with mostly neutrals
- Lightest colors may be too sheer and natural for some
- Many colors in the same family look very similar to each other, so there is no need to buy two very similar shades
Worth buying? Yes. These are more moisturizing and wear a bit better than the Maybelline Color Whispers. The only thing is that for as many colors as this product offers, it still somehow feels like it’s not a very good selection. Most of the lighter colors end up essentially looking like a nude lip and with these new releases, this product now has 3 red colors that all look almost the same. You can see in the photos that Sorbet looks very similar to Wild Watermelon once applied. If you don’t mind the shorter wear time, you might want to check out the Maybelline Color Whispers as they seem to have a bigger variation in color selection.