This month’s box looks like it’s going to have a lot of things that appeal to me – fragrance, jewelry, a luxurious face mask, a volumizing hair product, and a lip exfoliator. Let’s take a closer look.
- Alex and Ani Scent 7 Body Mist (full size) – This one kind of smells like a unisex fragrance, maybe even slightly masculine. True to it’s description, it does smell “elemental”. It has strong notes of spice, wood, and a minty/herbal background. It reminds me of an incense that you might find in a yoga studio – very zen and earthy. I like the way it smells but it isn’t a fragrance I’d wear on myself.
- Alterna Haircare Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand (sample size) – I tried this product this morning and it left my hair feeling silky soft and smelling amazing but I don’t feel like it added much volume. My hair is thin and straight and very few volumizing products actually work for me so I’m not surprised. It feels like a very lightweight hair cream and it has a fresh “green” fragrance. There’s no sticky residue and it doesn’t weigh my hair down which is plus.
- Etre Belle Cosmetics Liplift Peel – This is an interesting product. I’ve used lip scrubs/exfoliators but I haven’t seen a peel for lips before. It feels like a lightly moisturizing cream with tiny exfoliating particles in it. The particles seem finer than what you would typically find in a sugar scrub and they don’t seem to dissolve. It left my lips feeling a little tingly but soft and smooth.
- Nails Inc Brook Street Nail Polish – I liked last month’s pale pink but now I’m ready for something brighter. Brook Street is a nice bright coral-pink. This one was opaque in two coats but went on smooth enough on the first coat that I could probably get away with just one coat. It had about an average dry-down time. The color reminds me of all the pretty pink flowers that will be blooming soon.
- Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask – This caught my eye right away so I already gave it a whirl last night. At first sniff, it smells authentically of rose but the fragrance is soft, not overpowering. It feels like a thick cream and has a very soothing effect. I applied this and wore it for about an hour before rinsing with water and patting my face dry. This morning my skin looks “plumper”, as if it is more hydrated. I really like this stuff – too bad it’s so expensive.
- Alex and Ani Charm Bangle – This stretchy bangle is simple and cute and suits my casual style. It doesn’t have any sharp/rough edges that catch on clothing which is really nice. I don’t tend to wear a lot of jewelry and when I do, I prefer not to wear expensive pieces so this is perfect. I like the swan – it’s supposed to be a symbol of grace, beauty, and love.