I started out this look knowing I wanted to use the deepest shade in the ColourPop Uh Huh Honey Palette to create a graphic shape and use some of the lighter yellow shades around it. I ended up adding a black shadow to add a little more depth because it just wasn’t enough for me.
- Alter Ego Eyeshadow Primer
- ColourPop Uh Huh Honey Palette
- Buzz Kill – Graphic shape, lower lashline, inner crease
- Oh Beehave – Outer lid/crease
- Totally Buggin’ – Outer corner (“glow” on the outside edge of graphic shape)
- Dandy – Inner half of lid
- Palooza – Inner corner
- Ulta Eyeshadow Single in Coconut – used this to clean up around the edges of the graphic shape and brigthen the inner corner before adding the pressed glitter
- Ulta Eyeshadow Single in Late Night – used this to add depth along outer half of lashline
- Viseart Brow Palette
- Anastasia Beverly HIlls Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe
- Anastasia Beverly HIlls Lash Brag Mascara
- Covergirl Lash Exact Mascara (lower lashes)
The one shade I hadn’t used yet recently was Oh Beehave. It worked just as well as the other mattes. Too bad it isn’t easier to tell apart from Totally Buggin’ in this look. When swatched, Oh Beehave is noticeably more yellow.
I wasn’t a huge fan of the ABH Dipbrow in the last look but I don’t mind how my brows came out using it together with the Viseart Brow Palette. The pomade gave the brow powder something to adhere to.
- Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation in Fair
- Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder
This is my second time wearing this combination of products. The immediate effect was smoothing but it seems to get pretty shiny on me throughout the day. I ended up adding more powder several times. There’s something about the way the foundation sits on the skin that I’m just not happy about. My skin is still not in the best condition so it’s kind of hard to say if it’s the foundation itself or just me needing to take better care of my skin. I think the shade is a bit light and that doesn’t help things look better.
- Milani Silky Matte Bronzer in Sun Light
- Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter in Molten Gold
I think the bronzer looked better today after taking some more time applying my foundation. It’s easy to build up and apply evenly, and it blends out easily. If I go too heavy handed with it, the color can look a little “off” on me. Maybe a bit on the orange side?
- Mixture of Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipsticks in Bare It All and Never Nude
These feel like matte lipsticks, meaning I can feel them on my lips more than I can with more of a satin/moisturizing formula. I applied them over a bit of lip balm and I didn’t feel like they caused my lips to become any more dry. Once they are applied, they seem to stay put pretty well. I even ate a sandwhich and a good amount color managed to survive.