I ended up doing an all matte eye using the ColourPop Rock Candy Palette, trying to see how well I could get all the different tones to show up. It can be easy to look at palettes like this and think that no matter what shades you use, you’re always gonna end up with the same look but I feel like that’s just an assumption. It’s not the most contrasty of looks but I think the different tones show up well enough. I wore this for 7 hours. By the end of the day, the primed eye was barely starting to fade in the crease and the unprimed eye was lightly creased.
- Alter Ego Eyeshadow Primer (left eye only)
- ColourPop Bare Necessities Palettes
- Full Expose – Brow bone, inner corner
- ColourPop Rock Candy Palette
- Nugget – Transition (barely shows)
- Lava You – Inner crease
- Sedimental – Outer crease
- I Dig You – Inner lid
- Strictly Tectonic – Outer lid
- Erupt – Inner lower lashline
- Crushed – Outer lower lashline
- Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencil in 500 Boundless Bisque
- Loreal Voluminous Noir Balm Mascara
- NYX Lift & Snatch Brow Pen (right eye)
- ABH Brow Pen (left eye)
- Equate Kids Spray Sunscreen
- Elf Power Grip Primer (left side of face)
- Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer (right side of face)
- It Cosmetics CC Cream
- Benefit Erase Paste
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
The combination of sunscreen, primer, and foundation I went with on this day was a BAD idea. These three things do not go well together LOL. I had to spend lots of extra time blending with my sponge and a brush, even trying to remove and thin out the base makeup a bit to get it to look natural on the skin again.
I used the Milk and Elf primers side by side because it seems like Elf is trying to dupe the Milk primer. They are very similar but the Milk one is the tiniest bit stickier. The foundation went over top both about the same way. They are hydrating and smooth out texture/pores a bit when foundation is applied over them. I don’t think they do much to increase longevity but I’ll have to test that out some more.
- Fiona Stiles Blush in Sweetwater
- Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Nude Pop
I mixed these two because I didn’t love Sweetwater by itself with the eye look.
- Just some lip balm