I don’t typically think of doing a matte look with Urban Decay unless its with one of their Naked Basics palettes, but you can actually use their new Naked Smoky palette for this type of look. I love that they included a good set of basic matte colors because it really makes the palette much more versatile. This look is darker than an everyday eye but it’s less dramatic by opting for a thinner eyeliner, leaving the lower lash line light, and using the black eyeshadow sparingly but strategically.
Products used and how I created this look:
- Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base – I blended this all over the lid.
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
- Thirteen – Using a fluffy crease brush, I applied this lightly all over the lid to help the darker shades blend easier and concentrated it more heavily on the inner corner and brow bone.
- Combust – Using the same crease brush, I applied this to the crease and above the crease as a transition shade.
- Whiskey – Using a more precise crease brush, the Mac 217, I applied this to the crease and outer 2/3 of the lid. I went back in with a flat shader brush and applied it more heavily to the lid to even out the color.
- Black Market – Using the included small dome brush, I applied this to the outer corner and outer crease. Using the fluffier side of the same brush I blended it out. I also had to go in with a flat shader to apply this to the outer lid to darken up the color a bit.
- Lorac Front of the Line Pro in Black – I applied a thin line all the way across my lid.
- NYX Skinny Black Liner – I applied this to my upper waterline to darken my lash line and fill in the gap below the liquid liner.
- Covergirl LashBlast Length Mascara in Very Black – One coat was applied to my upper and lower lashes and I layered a little bit more on my upper outer lashes. This is my favorite mascara for looks because it never clumps on me but in real life I’d wear a more voluminous mascara, like Benefit Roller Lash, to look more balanced with this dark look.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium – Using a concealer brush, I applied this only to the darkest parts of my under eye area to brighten my eyes up.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown – I feathered this lightly through my brows, focusing on the tail and arch. I also applied it to any bare spots and used the spoolie end to blend out any harsh lines.