This is a look I wore a few times last month, including Valentines day. I love the combo of warm coppery-pink against the rich cocoa brown. To keep most of the attention on the eyes, I kept my cheeks and lips understated but still polished. To see how to recreate this look, read on.
Products used and how I created this look:
- Lorac PoreFection Mattifying Face Primer – I applied this all over my face to create a smooth base for my foundation to sit on.
- Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation in Classic Ivory – I dabbed this on areas where I have larger pores or the texture is not as smooth as I’d like. It doesn’t look heavy and helps blur the texture a bit.
- Cover FX CC Cream in N Light – I applied this to areas where I have more discoloration (jawline, upper cheeks) because it has good coverage and the color matches my skin tone really well.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium – Using my ring finger, I applied this to my under eye circles. I used a concealer brush with a very tiny amount of this concealer to go over the darkest spots to add some more coverage.
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Shade #3 – Using an eyeliner brush, I applied a small amount of this to old acne scarring on my jawline and cheeks and allowed it to dry down for a minute before blending with a small pencil brush
- Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder – To set my base makeup, I used a large powder brush to apply a light layer of this all over my face.
- Nars Contour Blush in Olympia – Using a small angled cheek brush, I applied the contour shade to the hollows of my cheeks.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in True Love – Using the same brush, I applied this lightly to the apples of my cheeks and blended out.
- Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base – Using my ring finger, I applied this to the lid and crease.
- Lorac Pro Palette 2 –
- Buff – Using a blending brush (Mac 239), I applied this all over the lid and up to the brow bone.
- Light Brown – Using the same blending brush and a light hand, I applied this to my crease and blended upward a bit.
- Beige – Using a small flat brush (Mac 231), I applied this to the inner corner for a bit of highlight.
- Rose – Using a flat stiff brush (Mac 239), I applied this to the inner half of my top lid and blended up into the crease.
- Mocha – Using the other side of the same brush, I applied this to the outer half of my top lid and blended it with Rose and up into the crease.
- Cocoa – Using my small flat brush from earlier (Mac 231), I applied this, a little at a time to the “outer V” and blended with my fluffy brush (Mac 239) after each layer to get a smooth gradient.
- Revlon PhotoReady Kajal in Purple Reign – Using the lighter end of this pencil, I applied to this to the lower waterline.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black – I applied one coat of this mascara to the upper lashes.
- Palladio Eyeliner in Taupe – I focused using this pencil on the tail of my brows, arches, and any sparse spots. I blended out the inner half of my brows with a spoolie to soften and blend the color, but left the tail and arch alone.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe – Using an angled eyeliner brush, I filled in the inner 2/3 of my brows with the lightest shade and filled in any sparser spots with the darker shade.
- Figs & Rouge Multi Tasking Lip Balm in Wild Cherry – Just using my finger, I applied a quick dab of this to smooth out my lips.
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Lovelight – I applied a light coat of this lipstick straight from the tube for a little bit of sheen.