This is a very soft, neutral smokey eye with a medium-thick liner and double-tipped wing. It’s not too dramatic but’s it’s a little dressier than your standard “everyday eye makeup” kind of look. I used Maybelline Taupe Tease Plush Silk Eyeshadow quad and the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette to create this look. I really like these colors and could see myself reaching for this palette often.
Products used and how I created this look:
- Mac Painterly Paint Pot – Using my ring finger I dabbed a small amount of this all over my lid, all the way up to the brow bone to act as a creamy base and to hide veins and redness.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette:
- Foxy and Walk of Shame Eyeshadows – Using a flat shader brush, I mixed these two shades and used them under the brow as a highlight and to cover up pores.
- Naked 2 and Walk of Shame Eyeshadows – Using a fluffy blending brush, I mixed these two shades and used them to create a very slight contour just above the crease.
- Crave – Using a small angled brush, I smudged this shade into my upper lashes to fill in gaps and make my lashes look fuller at the base.
- Maybelline Taupe Tease Plush Silk Eyeshadow:
- Leftmost shade – Using a small brush, I applied this just around the tear duct.
- Second shade from the left – Using a flat shader brush, I applied this to the inner 3/4 of the lid.
- Third shade from left – Using a pencil brush, I applied this in a “V” shape to the outer corner of my eye. I added more eyeshadow inside the “V” shape to the outer part of my lid and crease and blended the outer edges.
- Rightmost shade – To deepen the color in the outer corner, I used a small brush to apply this to the outer part of my lid and blended it into the taupe shade for a smooth gradient.
- Revlon Photoready Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener in Purple Reign – I applied only the lighter side of this pencil to my lower waterline to open up my eyes.
- Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Liner in Black – I applied a medium-thick line across the top lid and drew a slight double-tipped wing.
- Covergirl Lashblast Length Mascara in Very Black – I applied 2 coats to my upper lashes and 1 coat to my lower lashes.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector in Light – Using my ring finger I patted a small amount of this corrector over my dark circles to help brighten up my eyes.
- It Cosmetics YBBB Your Brows But Better – I applied this lightly to the inner part of my brows to help fill in any gaps and applied it more heavily to the arches and ends of my brows. Using the spoolie end of this product, I combed through my brows to soften any harsh lines.