Here’ a lilac/orchid eyeshadow look using Maybelline Plum Passion Plush Silk Eyeshadow. When I first saw the trio of quads in the Deep Velvets collection this one didn’t really catch my eye right away but when I looked at it more closely, I started to really love it. I love how bright, yet soft these colors are. The first 3 shades are also really soft and have great pigmentation. I highly recommend this particular quad if you happen to see it! This look is fairly simple and follows the usual pattern I do with eyeshadows – highlighting shade on the brow bone, blending color in the crease, lightest shade in the inner corner, brightest shade on the lid, darkest shade on the outer corner and in the crease, and topped off with a black liquid liner.
Products used and how I created this look:
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector – Using a concealer brush, I applied this to my under eye circles and to the inner corners of my eyes.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer – Using the same concealer brush, I applied this over the corrector for a bit more coverage.
- Palladio Eyeliner in Taupe – I applied this to the arches of my brows and lightly lined the tops and bottoms of my brows. Then, I used a spoolie to blend out any harsh lines.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe – Using an angled brush, I used the lighter side of the powder to fill in the inner parts of my brows.
- NYX HD Eyeshadow Base – I applied a small amount of this all over my eyelids to make the shadows look more vibrant and extend their wear time.
- Lorac Pro Palette –
- Cream and Light Pink Eyeshadows – Using a flat shader brush, I mixed these two shades together and applied them to the brow bone.
- Mauve Eyeshadow – Using a fluffy crease brush, I applied this to the crease to add some definition.
- Maybelline Plum Passion Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quad –
- Leftmost shade – Using a pencil brush, I applied this to the inner corner.
- Second shade from left – Using a flat shader brush, I applied this all over the lid. I also applied it along the lower lash line.
- Third shade from left – Using the same flat shader brush, I applied this to the outer half of the lid and blended it up into the crease.
- Rightmost shade – Using a small angled brush, I applied this to the outer lid and outer crease and blended it out.
- NYX Skinny Black Liner – I used this to line my upper waterline to help hide any gaps in my lashes.
- Revlon Photoready Kajal in Purple Reign – I used the lighter end of this pencil to line my lower waterline.
- Covergirl Lash Blast Length Mascara in Very Black – I applied this to my upper and lower lashes.
- Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Liner in Black – I created a medium-thick liner with a slight wing.
I just want to apologize (and vent a little!) for taking so long to get this look out. I started classes this week at my local community college and I haven’t been in school for a few years now. It’s been an adjustment getting back into the routine of studying. I also had to get all my stuff together for my tax person which usually isn’t a big deal but this year we found a new CPA and I had to find more stuff than usual. I’m really exhausted now and thankful that at least this week is over LOL. Next week should be smoother sailing.