In the spirit of celebrating St. Patricks day, I created a simple, easy to wear look that anyone can recreate. I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life palette. In essence, you only need a few neutrals, a grass green, and a pale gold to do this look.
It’s not super bright or crazy-colorful so this one’s great for those of us (me included) that aren’t always comfortable wearing very bright/colorful eyeshadow out in public. It is green enough to be festive though!
Products used and how I created this look:
- Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 – Using a concealer brush, I applied this to my under eye area and also (lightly) all over my lid. Using this creamy product allows the eyeshadows to adhere better to the lid and appear more vibrant.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium – Using the same concealer brush, I applied a small amount of this only to the darkest part of my under eye circles to give an added bit of coverage.
- Palladio Taupe Eye Liner – With my freshly sharpened taupe eyeliner, I applied this to the arches of my brows and along the top to create a nice crisp line.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo (I believe the shade I have is Taupe) – Using an angled brush, I used the lighter side of the powder to fill in my brows. I used that brush to also smooth out any harsh lines from the eyeliner in the step above.
- Urban Decay Foxy and Walk of Shame Eyeshadows (from the Naked Basics Palette) – Using a flat shader brush, I applied a mixture of these two shades from lash line to brow bone to help prevent creasing and to make blending out the colors easier.
- Urban Decay Naked2 Eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics Palette) – Using a fluffy crease brush, I applied this to the crease and blended upward. Giving a little definition to the crease helps to make a colorful eyeshadow look seem more balanced.
- Pale gold eyeshadow from the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life palette – Using my flat shader brush, I applied this all the way across my lid. Using an angled brush I also applied it to my lower lash line.
- Bright green eyeshadow from the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life palette – Use any bright green you have on hand and that you feel compliments your eyes and skin tone. I dabbed my flat shader brush lightly into the eyeshadow to only pick up a little bit of color at a time. It’s better to add more as needed than to apply too much and need to start over. I turned the brush horizontally and applied this to my crease and outer part of my lid. When I felt I had added enough color and most of the color had transferred from the brush to my lid, I turned the brush vertically and used it to gently blend the green into Naked2. I then went over my crease again with my fluffy brush to further smooth out the green shading.
- Urban Decay Crave Eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics palette) – Using an angled brush, I applied this to my upper lash line.
- Covergirl Lash Blast Length Mascara in Very Black – First I curled my lashes and then I applied 2 coats of this mascara to my upper lashes and 1 coat to my lower lashes.