NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator Review
- Sunbeam – Pinkish shimmer with small glitter particles.
- Gleam – Peachy bronze shimmer with a subtle glowy finish.
Packaging: Flat squeeze tube with a twist off lid.
Smell/Fragrance: It is not fragranced but it does smell like an “unscented” moisturizer.
Application: Easy to just tap on and blend with your fingers. Feels lightweight and not sticky. Dries down completely after a minute so it won’t rub off easily. This could also be mixed in with your liquid foundation to give it a more dewy finish.
Pigmentation: Provides a subtle glow. It’s not frosty or shiny. Sunbeam will deposit a few tiny glitter particles and seems to be a bit more light reflective than Gleam. Gleam just has very fine light reflecting particles that are hard to see unless you look up close.
Longevity: Since it dries down it will easily last all day.
- For Sunbeam, a little goes a long way. It can be built up to be more frosty if that’s what you like.
- Gleam can be used on darker skintones as a subtle illuminator or on lighter skin tones as a liquid bronzer
- Could work on more than just cheeks for added glow (eyes, shoulders, collar bones, etc.)
- Feels lightweight on the skin
- Dries down completely
- For those who like shinier, frostier illuminators, these may be too subtle
Worth buying? Yes. I am not sure why but I just did not expect to like these as much as I do. They don’t create a dramatic visual effect but they sure make me feel like it. This product offers one very natural looking shade (Gleam) and one more glitzy option (Sunbeam). Gleam would be an excellent one to mix with your foundation for a nice summer glow. These are very nice and could hold their own next to higher end illuminators.